Monday, September 12, 2011

33 Weeks and Nesting! :)

The first three questions that someone will ask me when they see me is...
1. How are you feeling?
 I am feeling wonderful! I have energy and I am enjoying being pregnant!
2. When are you do? or How far along are you?
 I am due November 2nd (but Sam says she will be early) and I am 33 weeks with only 7 more to go!! (WOW, sounds so crazy to say!)
3. Have you had any weird cravings?
  Nothing to weird thus far. Before I got pregnant I could not stand cottage cheese and now I am hooked. I also liked ketchup but now I must have it! 


Life is still crazy busy and we are loving it! :) 
I recently hosted a Pinterest Baking night that was a blast! We had people bring amazing desserts and appetizers for us to sample. I also got to hang out that evening with my two other lovely prego friends... Ann who is full term and Karla who is due four days before me! It has been so much fun to grow and share stories with them. Karla is also having a little girl and when the pic was taken we didnt know what Ann was having but since then she has delivered a healthy baby boy! We are so excited for her and her family!



We went on the annual Torres Family Labor Day Campland camping trip which was a nice break. We got to relax... sleep in... hang out with family. It was much needed. 


And then.... then nesting began! As I have mentioned before our lives have been BUSY and I havent been able to do anything in the nursery at all until this past weekend, so my nesting has been coming out in very small spirts such as an afternoon of cleaning the house or reorganizing a random closet in the house. SOOO this mama bird let her wings fly this weekend to get her nest ready! And I am so thankful for all the helpers that I had to make this weekend possible. I feel so ready and refreshed! 
We started with the thought that Friday we would prep and paint the nursery. We invited people over for painting and pizza... well I have really been wanting to paint my hall bathroom and I figured since we were already going to be painting why not! lol
So during the week Sam and I picked out colors and got all the necessary supplies to get the job done. I came home and painted a swatch of the gray we picked for the nursery on the wall to be sure it was the one. Well of course I woke up at 6:45am Friday morning tossing and turning that the gray was going to be too dark. So I quietly got ready and then woke up Sam to tell him I was headed to Lowes to get a sample can just to be sure! He told me I was crazy but he loved me and off I went. Two very nice gentlemen helped me and told me that if the color at home that I had already purchased was in fact too dark that I could bring it back and they would lighten it for me. Well, I get home and low and behold I like the lighter color better. Off to Lowes I go again where the same two gentlemen helped me and even decided to just mix me a fresh can of paint to ensure that this pregnant woman didnt have an emotional moment in their store. Totally made my day! Soo back home to meet with my bestie Kristin to begin sanding the bathroom cabinets!
                
We are prepped and ready to go!! 
This took us about 2 hours to get all of the cabinets ready for paint. Just as we finished Christian and my in-laws Sam and Sandra arrived to help Sam begin painting! 

This is the finished product! A nice clean and refreshed bathroom! We also got new handles and hinges to help update it a little bit. 
Now, it was time for the nursery!! Whoohoo!! I was so anxious to get in there and get things started. This is a pic of what the room looked like before... blue walls!
then with lots of TLC from our amazing family and friends.....

Makenna Marie Torres :)

                                     A family that paints together, stays together!
                                                       Auntie Megan!
                                                      Uncle Christian
Auntie KK

And we ended up with a beautiful nursery!!



We even got spoiled by my brother-in-laws girlfriend Lauren who brought us a Milk and Berry cake from portos! :) This was the perfect even to a wonderful day!

We dont have anything much to put into the room just yet. We have our first baby shower this Saturday and I am looking forward to getting her room started after that! :)

Well the nesting couldn't stop there... I need to get the past 7 months of nesting that I didnt do into the next 2 before she gets here! Sooo this Sunday after church Sam had a few guys over to watch football. Now let me tell you, I am not a big football fan, but I know truly enjoy Football Sunday! While the boys watched football Auntie KK and Auntie Megan helped this mama bird nest a bit more. We started by doing a few touch ups in the bathroom that we had missed from Friday, but then of course we needed another project soo Auntie KK ran to her house and grabbed some extra paint and we had to put it to good use soo... we painted an accent wall in our master bathroom! :)
 Once that was done we were still itching for another project so... we decide that the babies closet was a little boring...
                                                 Soo let the painting begin!

And now the closet is not so boring!! It worked out perfect! The nursery is a dark gray and the inside of her closet is a light gray! It was soo much nicer than that old wood look! It is amazing what a coat of fresh paint can do! And believe it or not we were still looking for something to do... we looked trough our color selection to see if there was anything that we might be able to paint our back den with but we had no success so the girls helped me clean up! We washed windows, blinds, toilets, and tubs. We swept and Swiffered and vacuumed until the house was all back in order! What a wonderful feeling it was to know that we are getting ready to welcome our baby girl into our home! We are soo blessed. We had a doctors appointment today and she is doing great! Growing at the right speed and her heart rate is normal. I am now down to doctors visits every two weeks and we near the end. 7 weeks so go... wow its going to happen in the blink of an eye. I am looking forward to it! :)

Prayer requests:
That I would continue to stay healthy. That I would be aware of what my body needs over these next two months and I wont allow the upcoming events to stress me out. 

Continued prayer for our business... we are in the city approval stage and know that God's timing is perfect. 

For all of the upcoming showers, weddings and events that we are a part of. That you will bless those times with family and friends and allow us to be used by you in them!







No comments:

Post a Comment