Friday, May 6, 2011

An amazing adventure!!

What an amazing adventure the Lord has us on!
  I decided that I would blog about our journey to becoming parents. I still am in awe daily at the Lords work in our lives. I was not ready, well let's say I did not think that it was time for us to start a family. The Lord had other plans for us. I was praying about it but not fully surrendering it to the Lord. I can remember the night like it was yesterday, that I finally through up my hands and give God the control. The instant I did that He gave me a total peace that I was ready to be a mom and that it was time for us to start a family. Wow!! Sam and I began trying not to long after and within one month the Lord had blessed us with this little lemon growing inside me. We could not be happier. Seeing the Lord and work and being a part of his blessings is such an amazing feeling.

I know I am staring this a little late so I will share just a few snapshots of our journey this far...

March 2, 2011
 Im pregnant!! Told Sam... what a moment that I will never forget!!

March 3- April 2
 Here and there told close family and friends what we were expecting. Bought my first pair of maternity pants. Celebrated engagements and birthdays. Feeling the morning sickness.

March 28, 2011
We had our first ultrasound, with my sister-in-law, and we got to hear the babies heartbeat! Wow! What an overwhelming feeling. I am so blessed! It got to both Sam and I a bit more than we expected. So cool!

April 2, 2011
Announced to the world that we are going to be parents at my birthday party and then Facebook! Video to follow!

April 10, 2011
 Sam and I had a date day. Went to our favorite breakfast place... then walked around Babies R Us. Sam had never been! It was quite the fun experience. :)

April 25, 2011
 Our first OB appointment. We love, love, love our doctor and the office staff. They were so helpful! We also got to see the baby! Its growing so fast. We could clearly see the hands, feet, spine, and face. The baby was moving all around. So crazy that its moving so much but its still to small for me to feel anything!

All in all, I am loving the adventure. Sam has been my strength when I don't have it. I am so blessed to have him walking this adventure with me. We are so excited that the Lord has blessed us with the privilege to be the Earthly parents of HIS children.

Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support! We truly have felt the arms of the Lord through you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment