Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Makenna's Nursery!

Soo since I am behind on my blogging I just realized that I never posted about her nursery. Well its complete for the most part and she has been sleeping in her own room since she was about 7 weeks old. Such a big girl! :) Well Sam and I could not decide on a theme... he wanted this.. I wanted that... So after lots of back and forth we decided that we would do something very gender neutral. We painted a dark gray and would accent with yellow! I would get to add in my own touches a bit too! I was soo excited :) Well once we had decided this I had trouble finding bedding that find our color scheme. Well my best friends mom heard about our problem and offered to make me my crib skirt and matching window hangings!! I got to go pick out my fabric and this was her baby shower gift to us! It was perfect. Well... here it is :)


                                the right side of her room...
               changing table was from a friends yard sale... we sanded and repainted them.
 this dresser used to be my little bros. It was passed down to our cousins who were done with it... soo we got it, sanded it, and painted it :)
                      the crib was a gift from my mom and dad (grammy and grandad) 
                                adorable ruffle crib skirt made my Patty Leach 
left side of the room. Shelves, book shelf and rocker from a good friends yard sale... The cushions on the rocker were also made for me to match the room. Kinda hard to see but the window coverings are also ruffled and match the crib skirt :)


It was kind of a DIY room and we enjoyed getting each little piece ready for our little lady!

1 comment: